CIS 300 correcting errors
If after filing a CIS 300 monthly return online you realise that you have made a mistake, then you can simply make an amendment to your data and resubmit the CIS 300 to HMRC. Details of how to do this are given below:
- Make the relevant changes on the ‘CIS – Payment Details’ screen. If the payment period is locked then first unlock it by pressing ‘CTRL-U’ on the keyboard or click the ‘padlock’ symbol on the toolbar.
- After making your changes click ‘Tools’ then ‘Online Filing’ then ‘IDs and Passwords’ from the main menu. Tick the box marked ‘Temporarily allow submissions to be resent’ and click ‘OK’
- Click ‘CIS‘ then ‘Monthly return CIS300‘ from the main menu in Payroll Manager. Click the ‘Produce report‘ button next to the relevant month.
- Select the ‘File Copy’ layout from the drop-down selector at the top of the report and check the figures if you wish. (Note: the layout of the report has no effect on the actual data submitted to HMRC – the ‘file copy’ layout is simply easier to read on screen).
- Click on text at the top of the report marked ‘A Monthly Return CIS00 for (date) was filed on (date) – click here to re-submit’. Your amended CIS 300 will be submitted to HMRC in the usual way.
Notes and Examples