Printers & Printing Problems
1. I’ve got a new printer – what do I need to do?
From the main menu within Payroll Manager, click ‘Tools-Setup-Reports & Printing’. Here you can choose your new printer from the drop-down list.
2. My payslips / reports etc. do not print out at the correct size
Check that Payroll Manager is actually set to print to the correct printer. Click ‘Tools-Setup-Reports & Printing’ and make sure that the correct printer is specified for both reports and pre-printed payslips / reports.
3. Payslips / reports are printing a few millimetres too high or low
With a payslip / report on the screen, click on the ‘Adjust Printing’ button (next to the printer icon). You can then move the printing up or down (and left or right) as you wish.
4. When I print payslips using the ‘3 per page’ layout, the bottom of the third payslip fails to print
Check that your printer is actually set to print to A4 paper. Some American printers (such as HP printers) come pre-set to print to the slightly smaller US ‘letter’ size paper, which has the effect of ‘chopping-off’ the bottom of the page. You can find out what paper size your printer is set to in the Control Panel of your computer. Change the size to ‘A4’ if necessary.
If your printer is set to A4 paper and you are still having problems, check the margin settings of your printer and adjust them if necessary, by clicking ‘Tools-Setup-Reports and Printing’.
5. I get the message ‘printer selected is not valid’
Click ‘Tools-Setup-Reports & Printing’ and make sure that the correct printer is specified for both reports and pre-printed payslips / reports.
6. I get the message ‘no default printer’ and am using Windows 10.
Please see our Windows 10 default printer guide to resolve this issue.